The Human Resource Committee is a Standing Committee of the Board. The purpose of the Human Resource Committee is to develop and ensure the implementation of human resource policies that are in keeping with the values of the Association and are in accordance with long-term plans as approved by the Board of Directors.
The Committee will perform the following key tasks:
- Ensure an appropriate hiring committee is struck for specific positions
- Ensure adequate interview tools are utilized and there is adherence to the policies and procedures of the organization as they relate to the hiring process
- Ensuring effective annual performance evaluations are conducted for all ASC staff
- Review human resource grievances/concerns registered by National Office staff and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Reviewing human resource grievances/concerns registered by staff and provide recommendations to the Board
- Ensure that any issues referred to arbitration are handled in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the organization.
The committee will be an Active Advisor to the Board of Directors. The committee will research policy and governance issues and then propose action in the form of a recommendation to the Board for approval.
The Human Resource Committee and the Governance Committee will be responsible for policy research and oversight of the following organizational policies.
- Personnel Policy
- Hiring Policy
The Committee will be composed of a minimum of 3 persons. Two of these persons must be Directors of ASC. The Board will designate the Chairperson of the Committee, who shall be a Director.
The Board appoints members to the Committee. Members will serve from appointment until the re-striking of the committee. Should a vacancy occur on the Committee, for whatever reason, the Board may appoint a qualified person to fill that vacancy for the remainder of the vacant position’s term. The Board may remove any member of the Committee.
The Committee shall meet by telephone or in person, as required. Meetings will be called by the Chairperson.
The Committee will receive the necessary resources from ASC to fulfill its mandate, and may have staff persons assigned to assist the Committee with its work.
*This section must be completed by the Governance Committee in conjunction with the annual Strategic Plan. The objectives must be simple, measurable and time-bound. The objectives must be reviewed and/or renewed annually.
The Board of Directors will evaluate the performance of the Committee. The performance of the committee will be assessed against the accomplishment of yearly objectives/deliverables. This review will take place immediately prior to the AGM.
The Committee will report to the Board, in writing, at every meeting of the Board. The Committee will report to Members at the Annual General Meeting, in the form of a written report.
Review and Approval
The Board of Directors will review these terms of reference every two years.
- 2 evaluation tools will be used: Coach Evaluation and the Staff Evaluation;
|Position||Evaluation when||Evaluation by whom||Supervisor|
|Executive Director||Aug. 31st||self, board||President|
|National office Manager||Aug. 31st||self, board, ED||Executive Director|